John, an average joe who handled almost all of his problems on his own, was having trouble with his garbage disposal units. When he checked for a problem under the sink he didn't know how to fix it himself, and he didn't want to pay a lot of money for someone else to do it. Finally, he put his hands down and called Call of Dooty LLC.
We arrived at his home at Shoen Ave in Las Vegas to inspect the garbage disposal problem. He was lucky that he contacted us because as soon as we arrived, his other garbage disposal unit from his other sink started to malfunction as well! We helped him with the garbage disposal repairs and even taught him how to avoid having a problem like this in the future. He was very thankful and he would gladly call again for our services.
A Plumber for all your Garbage Disposal problems
When it comes to garbage disposals, you need a professional who has worked with them before. Calling a plumber for your garbage disposal problem is the best solution, just as John had no knowledge of the intricacies of a garbage disposal unit. Your garbage disposal was most likely installed by a plumber, and they are familiar with most problems, including electrical ones.
If your garbage disposal becomes clogged or jammed, a technician may not know the best way to clear the clog and locate and eliminate the source of the problem. Even if you're certain your garbage disposal unit has an electrical problem, contact Call of Dooty LLC first. We have more experience with garbage disposals than most electricians. We have experience working with almost all garbage disposal brands, including Evergrind, Moen, Badger, InSinkErator, and many others.
Telltale signs that your garbage disposal unit isn’t working
Garbage disposals are a bit of a magical fix: they instantly grind up food scraps and make them vanish, never to be seen again. Garbage disposals, like almost all appliances, can break down or stop working unexpectedly. Would you immediately call a plumber to fix the problem if that happened? So, just as we did for John, our previous customer, here are some red flags that your garbage disposal isn't working!
- No Power - Can't hear the discarded food being chopped up by the blades? That means there is no power to power up the unit! Resetting the button in your unit under the sink or checking to see if it's unplugged may solve the problem.
- Jammed - A humming garbage disposal unit is a dead giveaway that something is stuck in it. It could be 2-foot-long hair clumps or anything else, but before you check, turn it off, and don't stick your fingers in there.
- A Funny Smell - If your garbage disposal unit begins to emit a strange odor, it means that there is something nasty decaying, or growing inside that unit that will not go away.
- Leaks - Before calling a plumber to fix your garbage disposal leak, try to fix it yourself first. Simply locate the source of the leak and tighten all connections and bolts with a wrench!
If none of these options work for you, calling Call of Dooty LLC is the best solution to your garbage disposal problems.
Tips on how to avoid garbage disposal issues
John came back to us because he had some issues with his garbage disposal units. He was in distress because there were many issues, such as the smell of the unit, and he didn't know what to do about it. After we finished with John's garbage disposal units, we gave him some advice regarding the issues he has encountered with the unit and taught him how to avoid this in the future. Just as we had provided him, we thought, we have a website where we can reach others in a single click! Thus, here are some tips on how to avoid these garbage disposal issues!
- Garbage disposals sound like a convenient way to get rid of food waste, but they are actually pretty complicated machines. The disposal works by grinding up food scraps until they’re small enough to pass through the drain. However, if you put the wrong things down your garbage disposal, such as Napkins, Bones, Grease/Fat/Oil, and Plastics, it can end up clogging your drains and stop working altogether. The best way to avoid this is to know what you should and shouldn’t put down the disposal.
- Using cold water when running your disposal is an easy way to keep it running smoothly because it prevents grease and oils from solidifying and clogging your drains.
- Whenever the sink starts to smell like something died in it, the first thing we think of is using a chemical drain cleaner. Chemical drain cleaners are toxic and will only make things worse in the long run by corroding your kitchen pipes and drains.
- If your garbage disposal does smell like something died in it, grinding up some lemon or orange peels will help remove the odor. Just don't put the entire fruit inside.
- Garbage disposals make your life a little easier, but they can have their issues. You'll run into problems when food gets trapped in the disposal and sticks to the blades. Luckily, there's an easy fix—resetting the garbage disposal located below the sink. Just press the reset button and it’s good to go!
Why Choose Call of Dooty LLC?
Imagine you're John, a man who has just woken up to the smell of an overflowing kitchen sink. The disposal is broken, and that's going to make cleanup a lot harder. You'll probably end up with a mess on your hands if you don't call someone right away. If you have time, though, why not search for an expert regarding this issue? We're glad you asked.
What makes us the right choice for you? Well, we’re a family-owned and operated business that focuses on sewer and drain cleaning, toilets, water fixtures, leaks, and garbage disposal repair for over 10 years. Our plumbers are courteous and punctual, and they'll arrive on time to get started on your job right away. We also offer some of the best rates in town, so you won't have to worry about breaking the bank when your garbage disposal goes out.
Call of Dooty LLC has the experience that you need to make sure the job is done right. Don't be fooled by other companies who may offer cheap prices but no experience or dependability. You want a company that will take care of any garbage disposal problems you have efficiently and effectively, and we offer just that.
All of our technicians are certified to work on any gas or electric garbage disposals that you may have in your home or business. We provide leak repairs, sewer repairs, garbage disposal repairs, toilet, and faucet repairs, drain cleaning, clogged drain repairs, and much more in the entirety of Las Vegas. Call us today so we can fix the problem as soon as possible.