Plumbing issues can be incredibly frustrating. They destroy your beautiful home and make your life tough when it comes to using it. So, you need a fast reliable residential plumbing and toilet repair service that provides quality work at a fair price. If you’re looking for plumbing service in Miner Way Las Vegas, Call of Dooty is here for your emergency plumbing repair needs, we take care of all your sewage needs – business and residential. We have the knowledge and experience to handle any clogs or overflows, as well as routine maintenance for your property.
There are a wide array of issues that can arise in any household, and plumbing problems are no exception. When these issues come up at an inconvenient time, they can disrupt the smooth running of your household and cause water damage that sets a cycle of headaches in motion. Our plumbers offer a wide range of services to both commercial and residential clients. These few tips will help you find the best residential plumbing, toilet repair, and drain cleaning services for your property for all your emergency needs.
Residential Plumbing Tips for Homeowners
No one wants to deal with a plumbing issue when you’re expecting company at your home. That’s why you should take care of problems before they become emergencies. The plumber on call is the first step of quick action, but there are things you can do before calling a plumbing service. Knowing how to do some easy plumbing repairs yourself can save you hundreds of dollars in costly service calls.
Here are a few tips for you to avoid plumbing problems in your home:
- Limit what you put down your drains - The only things you should let go down your drains are water and soap. Hair frequently causes clogs in shower drains. You can prevent hair and other objects from dropping down the drain by installing a drain cover in your shower.
- Use our garbage disposal properly - You can put most things in your garbage disposal with a few exceptions. Bones, Pasta and rice, Grease, oil, and bacon grease are some of the things you should avoid putting down the disposal.
- Check for toilet leaks - Leaks in homes are frequently caused by toilets. Put a few drops of food coloring in your toilet tank to quickly check for leaks. Give it a couple of hours. Inspect the toilet bowl to determine if any food coloring has gotten into the water. If so, then there is a leak. Replacing the flush seal, which is available at any home improvement retailer, is a simple fix for this.
- Clean your drains - Chemical drain cleaners are often used to clean pipes but it's not recommendable since they're made with toxic chemicals that can cause damage to your plumbing. If your drains are already clogged, you can use a plunger to break up the blockage in the pipes. You can also use a drain snake, a plumber's snake or a drain snake is a slender, flexible auger used to dislodge clogs in plumbing.
- Test your water pressure - If your water pressure suddenly drops, you'll probably notice it immediately. This could be a result of heavy demand from other faucets or a plumbing problem. The pressure regulating valve found in most homes tends to wear out over time or accumulate debris. This valve controls the street pipes' water pressure and lowers it to a level that is safe for your home.
If you’re still having the same issues even after doing the tips that were provided above, then maybe it’s the right time to call a professional plumbing service. Low water pressure, unusual noises, and troubles with toilet flushing may not seem like a big deal, but they can bring a bigger problem. It's usually preferable to have a plumber look at the problems to identify the issue and fix it before it gets worse and causes a more expensive problem.
How do you diagnose a Toilet Problem?
To inspect your toilet, try pouring three gallons of water into the bowl. If it doesn't go down within a couple of seconds, then there's probably some sort of blockage blocking its flow. You can fix this by using an auger. Make sure that your auger has a rubber sleeve around its cable so there will be no scratches at the porcelain finish in your bowl.
Sometimes if there is a blockage in the jets that puts the power into the flush, not as much force will be exerted to push the objects through the pipes. The last possibility is that something has flushed down into the rim and it's blocking the water flow. Unfortunately, the last resort for this is to get a new toilet.
Are you having Toilet and Plumbing issues? Contact Call of Dooty for Help
If you're a Miner Way resident looking for plumbing or toilet repair services, you're in luck! Our experienced professionals are here to help. We'll take care of everything, from fixing that leaky faucet to fixing your toilet. We know what it takes to get the job done right, and we're always available to answer any questions you may have.
We take pride in attending to every customer's call and offer honest quality work at reasonable prices. Contact us today for a free estimate!